NuWay Oil Burner Trouble | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss NuWay Oil Burner Trouble in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi got called out to a customer today whose boiler is very noisy. It's a NuWay 2 stage burner. The first stage is fine but when the second stage kicks in it sounds like an outboard motor!

I changed the nozzle and it made no difference. It is a Monarch 5.0 45 H nozzle. I tried a 4.5 nozzle and it made no difference. The pump feeds both nozzles so am I right in thinking that if the pump is quiet on the first stage the pump is OK? I'm usually OK at troubleshooting but this has me stumped! Anyone any ideas?

Last edited:
Maybe the photocell needs changing?

:p

Puzzling. A thought though (but only a thought!)

If the first stage is fine then the second stage includes ignition (presumably not in the first stage). I wonder if the electrodes aren't fully secure and are vibrating against the blast tube or perhaps the transformer has dislodged a little.

As I say, only thoughts. I'm intrigued if you do find the problem though.

The pump should be ok but take a pressure reading anyway, you should be getting 12 bar on both first and second stage. I'll assume it's an NOL 20-25. If you look at the burner you'll see a wee box on the right hand side, this has the air damper ram in it, check when she goes to second stage that the ram is extending and opening the damper.

PM me WHPES and I'll send you the mi's.

Thanks guys. Tracked it down to be a faulty solenoid valve - wasn't opening properly and causing the flame to vibrate. Was a bit of a nuisance as it was keeping the hotel guests awake!!

On an unrelated topic - anyone got any experience of servicing the diesel burners on hot water pressure washers? Someone wants me to take a look at one but never done them before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Coil.......................................plus...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Call the bloke back and say can he send you a...
Replies
Views
Thanks very much for replies. I hope I've not...
Replies
Views
Back