Nvq for unqualified plumber | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Nvq for unqualified plumber in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone. Apologies if this has been asked before but here goes: completed 2 years of an apprenticeship about 30 years ago so have no formal plumbing qualifications. Have been trapped in the same job since then but have always kept plumbing on the side, fitting bathrooms for friends and family etc. Fairly competent and complete all aspects of plumbing. I’ve seen some companies offering a home learning package for part of an nvq and to get the further nvq, they say that you can get some of your work assessed. Am I right in thinking that I could work a few days with and get assessed that way. There is no way I can give up my current job and commit to a full time course. Thanks for any info. John.

Last plumber: he didn't complete by the sound of it!

When I was at college a couple of years ago, it was just about possible to do this. Get a college to take you on on a course. Day a week for two years (or quite a bit less, in practice). Then you need someone to be your work based recorder. If you are indeed good and have a mate with either an NVQ2 or equivalent, or ?5 years' experience as a plumber, then that will do. Your mate supervises you doing the NVQ work which it sounds like you already have lined up and signs that it is to industry standard and entirely your work, which sound like it would also be true. Then your college observes you on a couple of jobs too and your college assessor looks at your portfolio of evidence and photos and sees if you are up to the required standard.

Basically you can (or could) get the NVQ2 without being an apprentice, as your workbased recorder need not be your employer. I'm assuming you have useful contacts?

Similar plumbing topics

Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
B
The organisation you're doing the NVQ with...
Replies
Views
Hi PythonCrazy, I'm interested to know if you...
Replies
Views
You need to ask the college where you are...
Replies
Views
Back