NVQ level 2 and 3 questions on courses | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss NVQ level 2 and 3 questions on courses in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

R

Ryan Burns

I ain't going to say am a plumber as I don't have any qualifications saying that I am

i ve been doing plumbing for 12 years since I was 19 , I worked for my uncles company was promised college but it never happened ,long story

i ve been doing it since 19 , in Scotland for 5 years , then moved to jersey , been doing it here ever since also , I ve only ever worked for 3 company's , my 1st for 5 years in Scotland , then been in jersey 8,5 years worked for one for 5 years and now my current one for 3.5 years . I've always been upfront with my two employers saying I wasn't qualified . But I earn the same and same benefits of qualified people , van , phone etc

i decided I want my level 3 (at 31 ) spoke to local college who say day release over 2 years for level 2 and 1 year day release for level 3 , my work are happy to give me the day off .

was looking to see if there's a faster way to get my level 2 , then do a year with my level 3

i have my pressurised card and passport to safety , I am good at what I do but without the college certificate it means very little.

any advice info out there that can help

I don't have my nvq, was held back from getting it 12years ago and not at all interested now, what will it help me achieve? I'm a plumber and a heating engineer.

Fair play. Don't kick yourself about it, you are a plumber.
my apprentices are more qualified than me but They'll never be as good.

If you plan to emigrate you will need a full set of paper quals, then depending where you go you will,use your paper quals as an entry point to be retrained in their ways, wherever you go( apart from Britain) you need paper quals to work, who thinks we should try it here and see how we get on?

If you plan to emigrate you will need a full set of paper quals, then depending where you go you will,use your paper quals as an entry point to be retrained in their ways, wherever you go( apart from Britain) you need paper quals to work, who thinks we should try it here and see how we get on?

I know that's why iam after them , I know all about the imigration for where am going , that's why I want the qualification papers

not me!!! :) I have my g3, gas safe and water regs though.

not me!!! :) I have my g3, gas safe and water regs though.

Maybe you could get your NVQ 3 by pleading 'grandfather rights'?

If u can afford it u could pay private training provider and do intensive course ,( get it done in lees than a year ) but it ain't cheap £9 k+,
or do local college free with placement but takes 4 years.
good luck

Similar plumbing topics

Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
Not to my knowledge you can do a refresher...
Replies
Views
B
The organisation you're doing the NVQ with...
Replies
Views
Depends what you want to end up doing. Do you...
Replies
Views
O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
Back