Ocean alpha 240p boiler/central heating problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ocean alpha 240p boiler/central heating problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tash26

Please help having problems with my wall mounted, fan assisted, room sealed, gas fired combination boiler make and model is Ocean alpha 240p. The pressure is too high, reading on the gauge around 3.5 bar therefore when the boiler kicks in to heat the radiators to temperature it shuts down almost immediately, the longest I have had it running for recently is around 10minutes after managing to release some air via bleeding radiators but this is obviously not long enough to heat the cold system. The pressure also stays at the above reading when the system is cold and has been off for a long period off time i.e. through the night then checking in the morning. I have been bleeding all radiators for a few days which seems to have helped but not much, also released water from the drain valve which is on a radiator upstairs as there are no drain valves downstairs (the central heating system was already installed when I purchased the property). I’m having no problems at all with the hot water in the taps around the house, this part of the system works fine. Any help will be much appreciated.

you have to much pressure in the system and it sounds like the filling loop is left open you will also have water dripping outside so you have to stop any more water entering the system and put the pressure bewteen 1 and 1,5 max when cold

what should I do to cure the problem? How do I stop water entering the system? Close pressure relief valve? Will the filling loop need closing then? There is water dripping outside from the blow off pipe. once I have stopped water entering the system should i drain some off to reduce the pressure? Many thanks for your assistance so far.

yes make sure the filling loop is shut off, you can undo the braided hose to be 100 % certain there is no more water entering the system ,then bleed the rads starting downstairs and then upstairs, with the system cold get the pressure down to 1.5 max ,you have to keep you fingers crossed that the pressure relief valve stops dripping ,if it does not it will need attention,good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Would expect a bit more than that, maybe worth...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
Back