Odd issue with Nest controlling hot water | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Odd issue with Nest controlling hot water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

Heating engineer fitted me a new system boiler and a cylinder recently converting from a combi.

System has three zones controlled by Nests including the hot water.

I've just noticed that the hot water doesn't seem to get warm according to the Nest schedule so I investigated and found an odd issue.

The cylinder appears to be successfully calling for heat occasionally - presumably when its temperature gets low, which is why this issue has taken its time to surface.

However, when the Nest hot water calls for heat, I hear the Nest click on, the boiler fire up, however the 2-port valve doesn't open. So the boiler gets in a tiz and shuts off.

The hot water works if I use the Next boost function and then manually switch over the valve, but the odd thing is when the boost ends the Nest successfully closes the valve.

So basically, the Nest will switch off the hot water but won't switch it on - I have to do this manually.

Does anyone recognise this issue?

yes the hot water cylinder port valve find where that goes into

turn hot water off on nest

open the cover of the wiring centre (not the port valve cover)

find the brown wire for said port valve

multi meter on voltage on 240 ac

one pobe on earth the other on the port valve brown wire

now turn hot water on via the nest (normal not boost)

you should have voltage eg 240v if not its wired wrong

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
E
Can you post photos of the unvented cylinder...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
Back