Officially out of work! | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Officially out of work! in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

Well, I am not officially out of work. I registered as self employed yesterday and am looking to try to learn as much as possible about things I dont know (which is a lot!).

So, I know you have all heard it a 1000 times or more before but if anyone needs any help around Slough area either paid or unpaid, plumbing, clearing up, making tea etc. then I am available.

Another van sourced I hope, going to pay deposit tonight and when new MOT on it will pay and collect.

I have some tools, no heavy duty drills etc. but the main basics to get going.

I am at anyones mercy.

Cheers

Rocket

Hi Friends

Well, I am not officially out of work. I registered as self employed yesterday and am looking to try to learn as much as possible about things I dont know (which is a lot!).

So, I know you have all heard it a 1000 times or more before but if anyone needs any help around Slough area either paid or unpaid, plumbing, clearing up, making tea etc. then I am available.

Another van sourced I hope, going to pay deposit tonight and when new MOT on it will pay and collect.

I have some tools, no heavy duty drills etc. but the main basics to get going.

I am at anyones mercy.

Cheers

Rocket

Hi friend ,

I am to see e full install in uxbridge and if I get it will let you know :)

Keep your chin up bud, good luck!

Go to the self employment and self assessment areas on the hm revenue site and look for the newly employed section, look for the number to book onto the newly employed book keeping class ! Gives a good grounding on how to do your finances! Oh and they are free :)

And I know its a bloody expense but look into your own public liability insurance.If you're helping anyone you can to get experience, if something goes wrong they might not be as loyal to you as you are to them !

Always cover your own backside first!

Good luck! Im basically the same boat :)

Good luck, when I started out on my own I got business cards done and went into every lettings agent in a 5 mike radius. I explained I was a plumber but willing to do odd jobs anything at a fair price. Now 50% of my business is still from those agents. Do a good job at the right price and you'll have no issues.

And I know its a bloody expense but look into your own public liability insurance.If you're helping anyone you can to get experience, if something goes wrong they might not be as loyal to you as you are to them !

Always cover your own backside first!

Good luck! Im basically the same boat :)

Just a minor correction: legally you are not liable for any damages if you are unpaid helper. In a same way as you can not get damages from just anybody you may ask to help you carry your computer/TV or any other valuables in case they (the valuables) get damaged.

Similar plumbing topics

Jamaica I’m in, upon Thames - not so interested…
Replies
Views
Hello Alex, I am a self employed engineer and...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Hi there, I am currently in the forces...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back