Oil Boiler Fault | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil Boiler Fault in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

washer

A year ago I moved into a property which has an oil boiler, and I am now in the fustrating position with it developing an intermittant fault, although I am GSR and am more than happy fault finding on gas boilers, I do not know the sequence of operation on oil boilers.

If anyone could perhaps give me a couple a pointers, I would appreciate it, I stress that I will only fault find with a multimeter, and if any parts need replacing, I will get the bloke who serviced it last to fit if needed.

The boiler is a Worcester Danesmoor 12/14.

All controls are working fine, pump is running but only circulating cold water, no lockout light on the boiler, and increasing the boiler stat does nothing.

The only way it will restart, is turning the fuse spur off and then turning on again.

Happens about every couple of weeks, so of course if I did get an OFTEC engineer to have a look, you can guarantee it will work fine.

Cheers

Is the burner going at all, and when does this occur, last thing at night or any time etc. It may be the control box.

It does seem to happen mostly at the first demand in the morning, the burner isnt on. A dodgy control box, doesnt sound like something easily checked?

You need to first check that you have a live feed to the burner if there is a live feed is there a buzzing noise it could be the capacitor need to be methodical difficult to say without checking things through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Z
Need more details. What boiler, what burner...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Back