Oil Boiler Fumes | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil Boiler Fumes in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DBM

I have a Warmflow Oil Boiler c/w Bal Flue. I am getting terrible fumes in the the house I have just renewed the seal on the underside off the lid which comes of to let you get at the baffle plates.Can it be the bal.flue.

I have a Warmflow Oil Boiler c/w Bal Flue. I am getting terrible fumes in the the house I have just renewed the seal on the underside off the lid which comes of to let you get at the baffle plates.Can it be the bal.flue.

To be honest without seeing could be any of them things but I would suggest you don't use it till you get it looked at it's dangerous mate

Got to agree with Gray0689 turn off and get local OFTEC guy out asap

Could be an oil leak. If you remove the front panel of the boiler and check the floor there might be a puddle of oil. If so, it's best to turn the oil off if it's becoming too unbearable.

Thanks for you reply.

I have already had an oftec guy look at the boiler he thought it was the seal on the lidt hat is why we changed the seal.

There are no visible oil leaks .

Thanks

why did the OFTEC engineer not change the seals?

Suggest you try someone else. The OFTEC website gives a list of technicians near you.

Or was a service conducted , poss wrong nozzle / fuel air ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
If the boiler is connected to a conventional...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back