Oil boiler fuse | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil boiler fuse in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blas85

Hi there, im having touble with my oil boiler. The fuse keeps on blowing all the time, even when i change it. This to me indicates a problem with the main breaker? what do you think, could it be a fault inside the boiler?

Many thanks.

Possibly the control box or possibly something else on that circuit, e.g. pump, zone valve, loose wire in wire centre. Or even something else!

I'd look at the wiring centre first, then disconnect the electrical feed to the boiler and test the room and hot water cylinder stats to ensure they're working fine, then return to the boiler and identify the fault there.

Alternatively, I'd start with the boiler. It would depend on various questions like when did the problem start, is it only in the mornings or evenings, etc, etc. as to how I'd tackle the problem.

More information required what type of boiler which fuse keeps blowing etc. The fuse is blowing because a circuit is being earthed, if it was a combi I would go for the pum, isolate the pump first and then check the fuse.

As Kimbo says need more info. If all the components (combi) are plug and play and you have a handful of fuses its easy. First thing though is unplug the burner and try switching it on, it will give you an indication of component on boiler or component on the burner. My money would be on the water pump or transformer.

Or, as I had back in mid winter, the cables from your wiring center to your boiler. just buzz everything out step by step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Need an electrical tester next time it's not...
Replies
Views
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
You need to have a regular service on oil...
Replies
Views
G
If its not producing heat then it's not firing...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Back