Oil boiler not heating up | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil boiler not heating up in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Any one had this problem oil boiler is running as normal but no flame at burner it’s a green star 18/25 external oil boiler

Check for 50-53 volts AC on white and black wire for motor. If that's good pull out photocell and cover and try ignition sequence again, if it starts its reading false light and it must be eliminated. If that doesn't do it the cell could be faulty, ie thinking its seeing light, test ohms with cell covered and exposed to light to see what that says. Can confirm it's the cell by removing from control box and try ignition sequence again, if it's the cell it will start and go to lockout. If it still stays in pre purge test coil resistance, should be around 100 ohms, if that's ok test for continuity on coil leads from control box. If all that's failed then I would change box but you already said it's been changed.

Check for 50-53 volts AC on white and black wire for motor. If that's good pull out photocell and cover and try ignition sequence again, if it starts its reading false light and it must be eliminated. If that doesn't do it the cell could be faulty, ie thinking its seeing light, test ohms with cell covered and exposed to light to see what that says. Can confirm it's the cell by removing from control box and try ignition sequence again, if it's the cell it will start and go to lockout. If it still stays in pre purge test coil resistance, should be around 100 ohms, if that's ok test for continuity on coil leads from control box. If all that's failed then I would change box but you already said it's been changed.
Yes I have changed control box and photo cell and still continues to run as everthin is okay but there is no flame at burner ?

Is it staying in pre purge (motor and fan running) or going to lockout after safety time? Everything I said above is is to test why it is stuck in pre purge. If it goes to lockout then it's a fuel or ignition problem, each of which can be caused by a number of problems.

Similar plumbing topics

G
If its not producing heat then it's not firing...
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
All fixed. Changing the nozzle and cleaning...
Replies
Views
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Polite reply here, but firstly stating the...
Replies
Views
Back