Oil boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowey

Wondering if anybody could help me,having a problem with a 50/90 slimline kabin pak the boiler only fires when the door of the casing is off when it's firing and you put it back on it knocks of,so I'm thinking its the fan or the air in take any ideas?????

some previous posts on this issue if you look and check your wiring for shorts as a starter as well as blocked air intake or broken seals.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem will be due to the burner being starved of air. It has to be set up with the door on. Opening the air up slightly should cure it but you would need to have someone with a flue gas analyzer to set it up. The other thing it could be is a leaking cleaning door gasket so that when you close the door it is breathing its own fumes. Either way its an engineers job.

Thanks for your help,I've tried open the air intake and then it works but it's not burning right and I don't have a flue analyzer.should the fan be taking a part and cleaned out or just changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If the boiler is connected to a conventional...
Replies
Views
Yes your oil guy needs to change the flue. No...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
G
If its not producing heat then it's not firing...
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
Back