oil Boilers - servicing regs ! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss oil Boilers - servicing regs ! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aqua Tech

Hello all, We are a gas safe reg company and used to be Oftec. This ran out and am trying to decide how much i need it... It is not very regular we do oil, so wanted to know if you are servicing one can you just sign it off in another way. According to the building reg, it must just be signed off by a 'competent person'... Oftec just says you are a competent person !!!

As far as I'm aware anyone can service an oil boiler (unless they're one of my competitors) but only OFTEC qualified technicians are allowed to install oil boilers.

If you do service an oil boiler while not being OFTEC qualified then you cannot use the CD11 forms.

I might well have this wrong but until someone corrects me this is my understanding.

I thought it was that you could do both if competent... If this was the case not sure how to give customer paperwork. Was thinking of speaking to building control !

Same old thing again, how can you be competent one day and the next day your not when your ticket expires?????

As I understand it you must have the relevant qualifications AND be a member of a competent persons scheme you do not have to be just oftec registered. NAPIT is such a scheme and operate the same as oftec. CD/11 forms are available to non oftec registered engineers and they are printed in red. NAPIT is cheaper than oftec and they include all notifiable works such as unvented for which oftec want an extra £100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
Or £50 for an indemnity policy.
Replies
Views
I would suggest a Grant registered engineer to...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
When replacing an old Certikin 180 oil pool...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Back