Oil Burner control problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil Burner control problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rollie

Boiler is a Myson Classic V 23.5kW
Burner is a Inter 2011
Boiler PCB is a 25/0093/01 Issue 1
Controller in boiler has been replaced (TF830.3 Honeywell).

Burner attempts to start with spark generator going, fule valve opened, but motor for the blower and high pressure pump fails to start. Controller locks out after almost 1 min. Measured voltage to motor at the time and it's only 24V AC. Should be 240V. On removing 24V connect and applying 240V (link added) motor runs fine and drives blower and pump. If I syncronise the application of the 240V to the motor with the call for heat (spark gen and fuel valve open) boiler runs fine, until reaches upper thermostat temperature when fuel valve closes but as linked in 240V to motor it runs on and after 30 second I remove the 240V.

My question - what has failed to cause the 240V motor supply to drop to 24V? Am I right to suspect the boiler PCB? I have replaced the controller. Or should I check out the heating timer/programmer?

Any advice welcomed

Rollie

Get another control box as some of the 830 series had type faults. Get the latest number possible, ie TF830.x to avoid getting another faulty one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
It’s all fixed now. It was the purge circuit...
Replies
Views
The connection of the HT leads shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Morco feb 24ed3 has a f1 fault code. The...
Replies
Views
Back