Oil burner kicking out white smoke now | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil burner kicking out white smoke now in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mojorisin

It's me again chaps, last night I had problems with black smoke pouring out my warmflow
( riello rdb3 burner ) had an OFTEC chap round earlier and he tweaked it so it looked to be running fine, unfortunately its now not running properly and kicking out white smoke? Is there anybody out there with any ideas.
Ps
He checked the pump pressure and that was fine, as for the air flow not really sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they just changed popes?

I'd ask him back again - white smoke is fine in this weather. It's mainly steam so looks white when it's cold. If you smell it there will be some fume smell but not much. Rather like car exhausts when the engine's cold.

If it's not been serviced for about a year I'd suggest one is due. This normally finds faults if there are any.

Have they just changed popes?

I'd ask him back again - white smoke is fine in this weather. It's mainly steam so looks white when it's cold. If you smell it there will be some fume smell but not much. Rather like car exhausts when the engine's cold.

If it's not been serviced for about a year I'd suggest one is due. This normally finds faults if there are any.

Hi dontknowitall , Popes? i'm an atheist! ;) ... just kidding mate... no pipes changed.
The problem was ( which i failed to mention earlier) we had a power cut about half an hour after the burner was running fine, I say power cut, I mean voltage drop; I didn't know if the pump was still running but there wasn't enough energy to ignite it properly? Anyway the smoke was the oil being and soot being burnt off the inside of the boiler.( this is just my theory )
The the chap did come back and altered the air flow ( which I reckon he should have checked before he left the day before!!)
Now all running well ... fingers crossed ;)
Thanks again .

At least you're off running again. I find a fair few people call themselves OFTEC when they're not. If he'd tested the flue gas (as I feel he should have done) you wouldn't have had to call him back.

It's working properly now which is the main thing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All fixed. Changing the nozzle and cleaning...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Did you replace the main line oil...
Replies
Views
S
The fusible wheel head valves are notorious...
Replies
Views
Hi mundungus How did your boiler problem get...
Replies
Views
schubes18
S
Back