Oil burner locking out | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil burner locking out in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All, I recently ran out of heating oil and consequently the Riello burner locked out. Once I was refuelled I bled the oil supply to the burner and after several attempts to reset, it kicked in, albeit with a whirring noise on startup. It has run for 3 days and I had noticed the whirring noise was still evident during the 3 days. Today the burner locked out again and I have bled the oil supply again in case there was still trapped air, and after several attempts the burner has kicked in. Please could I have some opinions on whether this now still to do with remaining air or could there more probably be other issues such as dirt in the system, and what I should investigate if it locks out again? Thanks.

Did you replace the main line oil filter/internal pump strainer/filter once refuelled before trying to restart?

There be lots of Rubbish/potential water at the bottom of empty oil tanks.

Rubbish could be restricting the oil pump or nozzle.

If the oil supply is being restricted some how, the burner will not have the oil/pressure to burn correctly at the current air settings. This could potentially result in an incorrect burn and dangerous gases being created.

You seem pretty handy and probably don’t wanna here this but please don’t start changing nozzles etc.
You really need to get an oil guy in to give it the once over and check combustion performance.

Similar plumbing topics

All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
L
With no pressure gauge or flue gas analyser...
Replies
Views
If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a...
Replies
Views
Lincoln22
L
Coil.......................................plus...
Replies
Views
Back