Oil burner randomly turns on | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil burner randomly turns on in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi my oil burner has started to turn on randomly. It doesn't heat anything but I can hear it running outside. What could be causing this.? The timer is set to off

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-02-21-58-37-365_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-02-21-58-37-365_com.android.chrome.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 25
Thanks. You have two 2 port valves. One for central heating and one for hot water. I suspect the hot water valve has failed keeping the boiler energised. This can be caused by a seized valve, seized motor or the springs to return the valve have failed.
You need someone to electrically test this to confirm my suspicions.

Thanks. You have two 2 port valves. One for central heating and one for hot water. I suspect the hot water valve has failed keeping the boiler energised. This can be caused by a seized valve, seized motor or the springs to return the valve have failed.
You need someone to electrically test this to confirm my suspicions.
Ok thank you very much for all your help. I will get someone to have a look at it. Which one is the hot water one do you know. Again thanks for the help

Have a few of them fail it’s the modern replacement for a sunvic (think it’s spelt correctly)

Similar plumbing topics

All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
L
With no pressure gauge or flue gas analyser...
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a...
Replies
Views
Lincoln22
L
Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
Wondering if the Pump is up to scratch?... 10m?
Replies
Views
Back