oil burner | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss oil burner in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigwave167

My mates oil burner keeps tripping the electric,i can find nothing wrong with burner or electrics.I put him in a spare i have and no problem.I put his on my own heating and works perfect.Any ideas?? His burner is a grant minor and spare burner is a reillo

i'd be check for any signs of water in or around the electrics

Had similar a while back and it turned out to be a fault with the motor, it was on a riello rdb tho

sounds like he needs a new rad in the kitchen, not sure of the cost tho might be best to get some quotes :p

If you have checked the burner and you can isolate that, I would go for the central heating pump first. Disconnect the live wire from the pump and turn the heating on, the windings in the pump sometimes short out if it doesnt trip the electrics and your boiler fires then that is the cause, another clasic symptom of a failed pump.

Have isolated pump,i thought this would have been cause,but no.It is running one of my spare Reillo burners and no problem,and his is running in my house,but the minute i put his back and switch on ,bang goes the trip.There has to be something wrong in the electrics in house ....or ??????

Have isolated pump,i thought this would have been cause,but no.It is running one of my spare Reillo burners and no problem,and his is running in my house,but the minute i put his back and switch on ,bang goes the trip.There has to be something wrong in the electrics in house ....or ??????

If it was a problem with his electric in house don't you think it should do the same with the one you put in
And why do
You have spare burners??

Just so we are talking another the right pump its the central heating pump I am talking about

If it was a problem with his electric in house don't you think it should do the same with the one you put in
And why do
You have spare burners??

Always have a spare, fully tested and ready to go. The other 25/30 are sat in the shed waiting for a bit of attention.

found problem.It was shorting out from the motor,it took 8 days to blow the fuse but eventually. have new motor in. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

How far did you strip pump down? No filter on...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
L
With no pressure gauge or flue gas analyser...
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a...
Replies
Views
Lincoln22
L
When replacing an old Certikin 180 oil pool...
Replies
Views
Back