oil combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss oil combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mk2_dee

hey

im new to the forum, im not a plumber im a spark but do abit of basic diy plumbing round the house, just bought a house and renovating it for myself to live in, im rewiring and replastering and knocked down a few wall and thought i mite as well re plumb when im this far. it was suggested to me to put in a oil combi boiler, the reason it appealed to me that is im geting it tight for space and the hot water cylinder is in the kitchen and having a combi will elimanate that and free up sum much needed room.

my house is 3 bedroom bungalow

hall 2 rads
3 bedrooms = 3 rads
ensuite =1 rad
walkin wardrobe =1 rad
bathroom - 1 rad
kitchen= 1 rad
living= 1 rad

2 showers

1 would yous recommed a oil combi? over standard oil heating system and why?/why not?
2 would i be able to run 2 showers off the combi or put in electric showers?
3 would you use plastic or copper for the piping? why/why not?

If a combi goes wrong, you have no hot water. If there's no mains water you have no hot water and no cold water. There's much to be said for the old fashioned system boiler, hot water cylinder and cold water storage. If the boiler goes wrong you have an immersion heater. If there's no mains water you have 2-3 days supply in cold water storage.

Two mixer showers should be fine. Electric should be fine too (assuming adequate pressure and flow). Mixer more expensive to install. Electric not as pretty to look at as mixers.

I prefer copper as I'm old fashioned. If there's plenty of under the floor work then a mix of both. In my opinion any plastic plumbing should be well hidden - looks too DIY, no matter how well it's installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Thanks, so i need another one?...otherwise the...
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
If the pressure is going that high with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back