oil firebird red light on relay | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter 21knights
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 3K

Discuss oil firebird red light on relay in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

21knights

hi

ive a problem with my oil combi boiler,ive had three electrians out and two plumbers,who blame each others trade,i have a red light on the relay,no heating or hot water,both pumps work,replaced the relay,the relay base,the flow switch and the tank relay as advised,still have a red light on the relay!have bypassed the relay so have heating but no hot water,wondered if it could be the themostatic valve or the heat exchanger??any ideas gratefully received :disappointed:

really need a man and a multi meter as part swapping wont always id a fault as you now know, but my initial thought would be flow switch issue and start from there. Not helpful but you need to go back to basics and look at everything in sequence and follow the normal start up process on the boiler. Get in an experienced oil technician who knows their stuff, not always easy to find tho. tell people where you are and you might get a pm fm one nearby

You really need some one with some knowledge of oil combi's I'd have a look on the oftec website, or ask on here if there is anyone local.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your reply. I inherited the system...
Replies
Views
If it’s just the red light flashing, then I’d...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Still got the leak when checked after he left...
Replies
Views
It is a Worcester Bosch panel that repaces the...
Replies
Views
Back