Oil fired boiler for spanish home. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil fired boiler for spanish home. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbour is moving to Spain and is looking for a new boiler. It needs to be oil fired. He has been quoted for Baxi and a Worcester Bosch. He has been told that the Worcester is a much better boiler and it is actually cheaper but Baxi have a division located in Spain so it would probably be easier to get it worked on if it broke down.
If anyone has any experience with these boilers or getting them worked on in Spain any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

First stop would be to establish what type of heating oil is widely available in this area of Spain. No good taking a UK supplied boiler if it will not work with Spanish oil [emoji106]

Here we go again !
Another lemon ripe for squeezing
Most of the Brit plumbers down there will have been issued with easy jet certificates ,learn to speak the lingo and talk to the locals not the expats and then see what they have installed ?
Find a good local merchants and see what he stocks as no point having a dogs gonads boiler from the uk that you cannot then get any service or warranty work done on !
Knowing Spain as I do it is a fairly pointless excercise installing heating anyway as the house is probably totally uninsulated ,they tend to heat one room in winter with a fire .
You will find there is no 28 second heating oil available and so it will be 32 second diesel and I also seem to remember that you pay full price not like cheap heating oil in the UK ?

Here we go again !
Another lemon ripe for squeezing
Most of the Brit plumbers down there will have been issued with easy jet certificates ,learn to speak the lingo and talk to the locals not the expats and then see what they have installed ?
Find a good local merchants and see what he stocks as no point having a dogs gonads boiler from the uk that you cannot then get any service or warranty work done on !
Knowing Spain as I do it is a fairly pointless excercise installing heating anyway as the house is probably totally uninsulated ,they tend to heat one room in winter with a fire .
You will find there is no 28 second heating oil available and so it will be 32 second diesel and I also seem to remember that you pay full price not like cheap heating oil in the UK ?

I think bearing in mind that the most common and possibly reliable burners here are Italian there won't be too much of an issue. But as you say, it's mostly 35sec so that's got to be taken into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

G
If its not producing heat then it's not firing...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Back