Oil fired boiler not firing | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil fired boiler not firing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

strainers1

Hello,my brother has a standard sized condensing oil boiler. He has over half a tank of oil but for some reason boiler cut out and when red reset button is hit it doesn't fire. It sounds like no oil but oil there,what else could this be? I'm going to have a look at it shortly and try to bleed it but just looking bit of advice before I go,thanks!!!

Lots of things to check here mate.
After reset, is fan running?
To over heat, is pump runing?
Has water got into oil?
Is oil filter blocked?
Has safety valve shut down, which feeds the oil?
Have you turned the stats up, i.e calling for heat?
What are you hearing when it first starts its sequence?
Just shouting aloud to throw some ideas mate!

Thanks tipintim. I had him check pump,stat,fan earlier and seem to be fine. I'll check rest later...
Thanks again

We need to know what the sequence of the burner is before it goes to lockout. There is a posibility that the remote fire valve has tripped out but we ned to know more info, what boiler it is and how old, could be solenoid etc

When was it last serviced? Could be a simple matter of being blocked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Z
Need more details. What boiler, what burner...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
When replacing an old Certikin 180 oil pool...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Back