Oil fired heater and pipeline !!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil fired heater and pipeline !!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

liamricho

hi just wondering if anyone can help my friend has recently moved garage and wants to fit his heater from his previous garage but the problem is the pipeline to the new heater posistion i have attached a picture to giv u a better insight of my problem ....
i have been told i will neeed to fit a lift pump to get the oilto reach the heater but prices i have been giving are like 400 which i find very expenxive ... i was wondering if anyone out there can reccomend the best resoloution for this job as in adequate pipesize and source of lifting the oil to reach the heater

thanks for any replies formby mot.jpg

Ring Anglo Nordic, a tiger loop may work but the trouble is the oil pump will need to pump the oil back to the tiger loop at a height which it might not cope with their number is 02089790988.

Thanks i have mentioned a tiger loop to customer but same thoughts wernt shore if it wud be efdicent enoigh will give them a call today thanks

Have you considered fitting the pipe as drawing, filling the tank and creating a negative pressure at heater on pipe(oil line) forming a syphon ( Using a tee with a valve that is used to reduce/ negative pressure, once syphon achieved turn of valve and fire up unit) If the punter runs the oil low the process will need to be repeated.

Won't work. Even with a tiger loop the burner will struggle to pull oil up and over.

Either fit a oil lift pump as you suggested or get a trench dug and bury the pipe.

Or resite the boiler and clip the oil line low level.

Is it possible to put the pipe below floor level? If it's in a garage I guess the floor is concrete? Angle grind a channel for the pipe and sleeve it in 3/4'' iron perhaps?

hi thANKS FOR ALL REPLYS
i spoke to anglo nordic today hey have said tiger loop may only work if tank if full once tank drops may not work untill tank full agin that solution is no good so i am putting to the customer the two stated lift pump or under ground but not sure on the underground siting of the pipe that is something they will have to take up with landlord .... can anyone suggest a source for lift pump ? thanks

formby mot 2.jpgi was looking at highering the tank customer at the minute wants neither option so this maybe cheaper option what do you all think this shhould be ok now shouldnt it maybe with a tiger loop also ? thanks

Providing the burner unit is below oil level in tank and a siphon is set up.( Not relying on burner oil pump to create this.) It will continue to work providing the siphone is not broken by running out of oil. Is not my idea but the bloke who invented physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Andrew N Yorkshire
A
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Regulations for a fill pipe in a domestic...
Replies
Views
Get 3 detailed quotes
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the...
Replies
Views
Back