Oil fired Range cooker with Vaporising Burners | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil fired Range cooker with Vaporising Burners in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdigrey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
A bit of advice please Guys , I have a customer who has bought a Rayburn Nouvelle Mk 2 , S/H of course . It has two burners , One that heats the radiators and one that acording to the manual Heats the cooker and the Hot water .
The thing is they only want to use it for cooking and warming the kitchen as they have an ordinary oil boiler for all their heating . My question is , Is it okay to disconnect the burner that does the radiators and then make holes in the top of the water jacket and fill it with sand to act as a heat sink as is done with other appliances ? Cheers .

It's possible to disconnect the boiler burner,the oil control valve has 2 outlets,one to heating burner,one to the cooker.This cooker needs an electric supply for the cooker thermostat too,so the boiler burner control panel would have to be made safe.

The boiler could be filled with sand through the flow tapping rather than drilling holes in the top of the water jacket,which would save having to remove and refit the top plate.

The set up of the cooker burner is critical with this appliance,if it's been bought secondhand then the burner and oil control levels will need re- setting,the Nouvelle is different to most vapourising burners and needs care with installation and commisioning,flue draught is important too. It's not made any more as it no longer complies with Building Regs,Rayburn had to drop it when Part L came in.

So it can be done but if you haven't worked on these before it could be challenging! I hope they didn't pay much for it,Nouvelles have no second hand value at all really.

Thanks Bartdude , Thats just what I needed to know . I will work out a price for the customer and then its up to them . No they didnt pay much for it .
Thanks again mate .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
age and customers do it to you :)
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
N
Yep. Or I could take a risk and convert back...
Replies
Views
nande2000uk
N
P
Install a plug-in electric heater?
Replies
Views
Back