Oil fired wall mounted combi? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil fired wall mounted combi? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brendon Melles

Hi. Is there a oil fired wall mounted combi boiler on the market at the moment? I was due to install a Floor standing Grant Vortex 36 combi in a utility room of a new barn conversion but there is not enough floor space by the time they have the tumble dryer and dishwasher in place. Ideally would need to be a similar output to the Grant. Only one I've seen is a HRM boiler but the outputs arnt big enough as its a big barn. Anything out there?

There's the crappy grandee, but that's to be left well alone. No room for an unvented anywhere and a wall mounted heat only?

There's no room anywhere for a cylinder and they don't want a external boiler. Can't win

Custs sometimes need to be directed away from what they think they want to what they need.

They could move the washing machine to the kitchen then there would be room for the grant but they won't even do that

Lpg it is then, wouldn't fit a grandee for all the tea in china, and HRM not sufficient. No room for a cylinder and customer not willing to make space for a floorstander or cylinder.

Lpg it is then, wouldn't fit a grandee for all the tea in china, and HRM not sufficient. No room for a cylinder and customer not willing to make space for a floorstander or cylinder.

Big fan of the Grandee then Roger :) :)

Google they certainly wont want the lpg bills either!

Last edited by a moderator:
Grandees are pile of ...

Yes lpg is more expensive to run but install cost will be reduced, and a 40kw combi should fit size requirements (though maybe not Hw flow)

wont take long for running costs to sprint past any savings made on an lpg install, personally lpg is a no go esp a 40kw combi

HRM do a wall mounted combi but I've never seen it in the flesh. However I have had good experience with HRM in the past though they aren't the cheapest.

Install the vortex as you said and have the dryer mounted above it with a removable section of worktop :) best compromise you will get! Hrm are good but you have to go through the wall for them and that doesnt sound like an option.......

Thanks all. I'll just have to persuade them to move the washing machine to the kitchen then I'll have room for the grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Not sure if you've got to the bottom of this...
Replies
Views
Thread closed
Replies
Views
A quality install of a good oil boiler (I...
Replies
Views
Why are you feeding the F&E from the CWSC...
Replies
Views
Back