OIL/GAS question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss OIL/GAS question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

archiedale

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone do both, whats the fundermental differences apart from the obvious ? How do you find the work ratio, one to the other ?
Any advice, just thinking about a change?

For every 10 gas boilers I install I put 1 oil one in. It depends on your area. I quite like fitting oil boilers for a change

it very much depends on the area mate, obviously, if there is no gas then it is all oil or if you do lpg then you will be extra busy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
if no nat gas where your working the you need lpg and oil tickets. work it our from there !!

As the others have said, dependant on area. If you work mainly in large towns or cities the it'll be Nat Gas. Oil and LPG mainly in rural areas

I've got Oil, Gas & Solid Fuel, at the moment its the Oil & Solid Fuel that's bringing the most business, to many seem to be worshipping at the alter of BG for the Gas side, unless its LPG, started to get a few enquiries about that, but don't really need another set of exams :rolleyes:

I have not done oil for a few years now
I found the main differance is when you go to a gas boiler you usually,get a proper address to go to like 17 armstrong close,willygog
With oil, you get a address like ,its a cottage called rose bud,there,s no house sign but its about 2/3 to 2 1/2 miles down willow lane on the right if you are coming from the village,and set back about 500 yards from road,there is a 2" stone figure in over grown grass verge,its great on dark winter nights,when you can not find it you try ringing and no reception,when you get there the customer says any trouble finding place,you say not to bad,they reply,oh good ,coz everyone else apart from postman can never find us!!:(:eek:

nice one puddle. nail on head - didnt mention the chimney is made of london brick tho.!

The joys of the countryside ... at least you tend to have no difficulties parking.

do oil, nat gas, and lpg, 70% work is oil but due to some house situations i.e terraced houses it can be difficult to get an oil storage tank in so lpg on 47kg bottles work. also with rural applications oil and lpg go hand in hand as the women prefer a gas living flame fire and also prefer to cook on aq gas hob so we can do it all not needing to get competitors in. not many lpg engineers out there

Looks like I'm gonna have to suffer the exams, had some more Lpg enquiries today, so have booked them for 2 months time, just need to pass the exams now :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
It is a Worcester Bosch panel that repaces the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
D
The return temperature at the boiler governs...
Replies
Views
How far did you strip pump down? No filter on...
Replies
Views
Back