oil heating / back boiler issue | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss oil heating / back boiler issue in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daryl Doherty

open fire lit for the winter, hasnt been lit in years.
lit it up anyway, and the radiators are all heating fine! then the pump to heat the downstairs radiators is fine aswell!

the main problem here now is that the back boiler doesnt seem to be heating the tap water.
we turned on the oil boiler to heat the water early this morning and the outside boiler wont fire up at all, it was working fine last night. (the fire was lit at this time too)

any ideas or advise? thanks in advance
Daryl

Need a lot more to go on. How's the back boiler and oil boiler tied together, is the oil boiler locking out, what sort of oil boiler,,,,,???

Put a bit more flesh on the bones and may be able to point you in right direction.

tap water now heated via the back boiler so that is ok.
ive no idea as to how they are linked.
basically >

fire, heats all upstairs radiators and water.
pump then circulates water to the rest of radiators.

oil heating heats everything in the house. but oil heating is not firing up (since this morning)

If that's as much detail that you can give then find yourself an oftec engineer to have a look.

Good luck.

Has oil boiler gone to lock out? When power is going to boiler a button on the burner of boiler may be lit. Press it & it should attempt to start.

If that's as much detail that you can give then find yourself an oftec engineer to have a look.

Good luck.

I thought you were a psychic and used ESP?

:arabia:

Must admit, could be all manner of things at the moment but my money's on the suggestion that the boiler might have locked out.

I thought you were a psychic and used ESP?

:arabia:

Must admit, could be all manner of things at the moment but my money's on the suggestion that the boiler might have locked out.

I wish, I'd be winning the lottery every week. I'd also had a few quid on man u and chelsea getting beat today.

My response does seem a little blunt now that I've re-read it but, can't help with the info given, could be no oil or somebody could have knicked the boiler! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok, thanks, so if it can not be accessed from...
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
G
If its not producing heat then it's not firing...
Replies
Views
Sounds like a pump failure, gravity will heat...
Replies
Views
Back