oil heating not working | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss oil heating not working in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fitz159

Can anyone help my oil heating would not fire before christmas just kept cutting out now it keeps running now but the water pipe coming out of the bottom is cold but the pump is warm can anyone let me know what is wrong

The lower water pipe is the return of the hot water from the top of the boiler. Water out of the top, around the system and back into the bottom.

Depending on the size of your house it can take 1/2 hour or so to warm up properly. If it's just not getting warm I'd suggest your boiler needs a service as the baffles are probably quite dirty.

When you get it serviced ask the engineer to check the circulating pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Z
Need more details. What boiler, what burner...
Replies
Views
G
If its not producing heat then it's not firing...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
Back