Oil heating via Stanley Cooker | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil heating via Stanley Cooker in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

32lindylou

Hi there

I hope someone can help!

I have just moved into a rented house that has oil heating that is run through a Stanley Cooker (which is very old). I thought it would be very "quaint" but have four days the smell of oil is terrible.

It seems to be in the cupboard to the right hand of the cooker and in the cupboard in the bedroom which is above this cupboard.

I havent had the heating on since moving in.

Coats etc that were put in the cupboard downstairs are terrible with the smell after only 2 days.

I'm waiting for the landlord to ring me back about it but would really like to have a bit of "knowledge" prior to speaking to him.

He hasn't mentioned about any oil leaks etc and I presumed since he advertised the property through a rental agent that he would have had it serviced.

Any help would be much appreicated.

Thanks

If it's that strong then sounds like a leak, but it doesn't take much. A lot of the rentals I go to the landlord pays for repairs but the tenant pays the service.

The landlord should have the boiler checked annualy but preferable to have it serviced. You will get the psperwork to show that there is no danger to you from the appliance

The landlord should have the boiler checked annualy but preferable to have it serviced. You will get the psperwork to show that there is no danger to you from the appliance
Is that law though? I know it is with gas but some of my estate agents that I do work for dont insist that the oilyboilys get serviced.

Anyhoo, LindyLou, yes you need to get them in to look at that as, apart from anything else, you are paying for the oil that is probably gently weeping into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A condensing boiler is high efficiency, and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
S
The fusible wheel head valves are notorious...
Replies
Views
Update: I couldn't get hold of a heating...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
The worst oil boiler ever to hit the market...
Replies
Views
Back