oil leak at nozzle | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss oil leak at nozzle in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sebby6000

hey everyone this is my first post so go easy on me. I ve recently just services a warmflow 50/70 with riello rdb burner and after shutting down was a smoldering from the flue. it was oil leaking on to the blast tube i cannot seem to cure the problem wonder if any of you had any ideas as its doing my nut in. ive tried coil, stem, whole pump and still no joy still oil after shut down. please help me

Have you made sure the nozzle was done up? Doesnt want to be overtight but I have forgotten a couple of time to nip it up..(probably a short skirt in the room). Is it dripping when its not running? If so then its the stem.
Whats your background mate?

hi thanks for the response. im oftec qualified etc but only been doing it about a year so still very much learning. yeah its nipped up no short skirts in that house. there is just residue in blast tube after shut off have tried 2 nozzles both the same unsure if its coming from nozzle holder more than nozzle though

Should be simple enough to verify if oil is passing through the nozzle small orifice, or if the nozzle is leaking at its seal point.
My bet is, as Bunker says, - nozzle not tight on, or badly cross threaded.

its only a tiny amount of oil not like a flood. just enough to smolder on hot blast tube. not cross threaded as would feel that wondered if air can get in high pressure line and foce the oil out after shut down

When you service a boiler you will often find the end of the nozzle a bit damp and when you put a new one on, some will creep through but I doubt a small weep like you describe would smoulder at the flue. Best bet is stick your smoke pump on it after combustion and see what colour it goes, if its yellow then it is oil and by the sound of it youll need to change the pump stem.

Air trapped behind nozzle can cause this or badly seated nozzle which can be cured by a few turns of ptfe tape at the top of the thread. If its badly seated your combustion settings would be way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a...
Replies
Views
Lincoln22
L
Wait until you can get hold of somebody with...
Replies
Views
Theres nothing so fanciful on these traps...
Replies
Views
Jeff the lonesome
J
The location of boiler is somewhat irrelevant...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Back