Oil Meter. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil Meter. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Anybody recommend a good oil meter for domestic use.

Cheers.

I was thinking Watchman, but that's something different.

Perhaps a stick, watch and calculator? - Especially after seeing the prices!

Aye I know, that's what made me ask. Just over 200 delivered seems a little steep.

Had a customer who had their tank emptied due to contaminated fuel, then refilled, and topped up at the same time, from the flow meter on the oil tanker they had in totatl (replacing the contaminated oil and the top up) put 200 litres more than the brimfull capacity of the tank in!

That is frightening to think how far out that is & at todays oil prices! Rogue oil delivery people can have their fill hose emptied & then fill your tank with, say 900 litres, according to the docket stamped on the lorry, but you didn't get the hose amount, which I am told is near 100 litres. Quite a good scam!

61p a litre for me this week. Delivery chap said he could remember it being 11p a litre for ages around 15 years ago.

Wood is quietly becoming more expensive too as more people realise how economical and attractive it is to have a log burner.

Around 60p down this way at the moment also, have had several customers remove aga's due to running costs.

I fitted meters a few years back where there were 5 rented properties each fed from a single huge tank. The tenants were billed at the end of each month for their oil usage.

There's a estate near me that were all originally fed from communal tanks owned and maintained by the oil company, they all have little meter boxes out the front of the houses for a flow meter. They are now all on mains gas, and the old tank site has been built on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes stnd domestic meter The gas engineer can...
Replies
Views
I get 1.65mB drop plus fittings for 30m in...
Replies
Views
I have 2 oil pump pressure gauges, a Nu-Way...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Back