Oil pipe leak (north essex braintree area) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil pipe leak (north essex braintree area) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

christmasfairy

I think im about to ask a dimwit question but ive done that already so here i go..........

We have an oil fired Aga.......the pipe in the boiler room looks like its leaking. Its ropey looking, it has no clips holding the pipe close to the wall either. Its not leaking much but the pipe looks oily and it smells strongly.

This has been discovered because things have been moved out of the boiler room, we are having the whole heating and hot water system replaced by our plumber. The system we are having is all mains gas so obviously our plumber is gasafe
registered but not OFTEC. I dont want to have everything replaced and leave this one ropey looking pipe so would like it changed..............

The plumber can't touch the oil pipe can he? to replace like for like? I need to get an oftec registered plumber dont I?

Any of you in the NORTH ESSEX area and fancy a small job in the next few days?

if its an aga and your keeping it, surely you get it serviced every 6 months, call in a techie have a service and the leak should be sorted at the same time.

problem with gas technicians is they dont carry the requisite parts to do it right, although they carry bits they can botch it with

Last edited by a moderator:
if its an aga and your keeping it, surely you get it serviced every 6 months, call in a techie have a service and the leak should be sorted at the same time.

problem with gas technicians is they dont carry the requisite parts to do it right, although they carry bits they can botch it with

It was serviced about 6 weeks ago, part of the pipe- where it looks like its leaking is hidden behind the gas boiler so whilst i think he went and looked he probably couldnt have seen the leak.

i cant get hold of the chap, hes serviced it for years since it was new. but his answer phone is on, i think they must be on holiday.

ideally id like it done before out new boilet and tanks get fitted in the boiler room!

shouldnt run an oil pipe behind a gas boiler really, prone to damage and what happens when you need to repair a leak

Coopers of Chelmsford are an approved AGA business. I think they are in Baddow Road near the Army and Navy roundabout.

Like I said it's all being replaced, It has got to be the original pipe that was fitted when the house was built in the 1700s lol its ancient and dodgy .

Spangley new boiler won't be near it this time.

thanks for info about coopers, I'd forgotten about them, we've only just got the Aga and the house so I haven't had the chance for much shopping there yet!

i was hoping I might get a local chap to do it as I think the servicing man is on holiday.

We Shall see!

Hi, did this get sorted in the end?
If not, I'm not a million miles from you (Stansted). Feel free to drop me a PM on here if you still need it looking at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Thanks much appreciated , yes those isolation...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back