oil radiators | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss oil radiators in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean oil radiators? The only oil rads I know of are the portable electrical type. Unless you mean rads on an oil fired heating system? If so they are exactly the same as any other set-up.

Yes ricky i meant oil filled system. so if i was to move one the same rules apply do they ie pipework and fittings.?

Its the same as a natural gas central heating. All thats different is the boiler has a different fuel.

The rad is filled with water just like usual :)

When you remove a rad on a combi system then fit it again you have to pressurise the system dont you. would i need to do that on an oil filled system?

how do you know the system is oil filled? generally you would only have one radiator on a system that was oil filled, so that it could be used in the summer, and it would be electrically heated and generally in the bathroom.

Are these not just stand alone? I've seen the freestanding ones and also wall hung. Never seen a system filled with oil, but open to new experiences. :)

Guys think hunter thinks that a central heating system supplyed with a oil fuel boiler has oil circulating around the CH circuits.

I thought this when i was a apprentice lol

Yea if you take a radiator off you still have to re-pressure it by the filling loop.

All thats different on this system is fire valves, microbore fuel lines etc

(btw im not oftec registered but ive seen oil setup) you guys can point him in more of a right direction :)

No guys. i am aware that it is the fuel that is the difference, the lady is out in the sticks away from gas supply, so she has oil. But being a newbie i've never worked on oil system. She wants a rad moving and it never hurts just to ask the question. I try and research every job i'm asked to do to boost my knowledge and give me the best start and the most chance of completing the job without problems. One day it will be bread and butter to me too, but until then, its ask ask ask lol.

As said then, no different.

Just needed a few extra words with your original question :) Thought I'd missed something there :) :)

Hope you've got some wellies cos us country folk don't think much of wearing trainers in floods when we're used to green wellies and black labradors ...

:24:

:freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

G
If its not producing heat then it's not firing...
Replies
Views
Sounds like a pump failure, gravity will heat...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
I have 2 oil pump pressure gauges, a Nu-Way...
Replies
Views
Back