Oil Safety Certificate ??? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter gmac
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1K

Discuss Oil Safety Certificate ??? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gmac

Is there an actual oil safety certificate or is that another way of asking for a cd11 service report?

There is a landlords safety certificate that OFTEC sell. I am not sure of the legalitys of it as there is with gas. I think an annual service and a cd/11 carries more weight because the safety certificate is just a check whereas a service is a check and adjust etc, in oither words you could issue a safety cert but you would still need to service the boiler so two trips and two lots of money, bit of a rip off really.

I was asked for one of these and I suggested it was a waste of money if the boiler was already serviced regularly by an OFTEC technician. Said I could look at the installation to see which rules it broke (usually the oil tank) and run a flue gas test if required but told them it wasn't like gas.

Never heard from them again (apart from a thank you a few days later from the recommendation of an electrician.) The agent said they'd made further enquiries and said the paperwork from the last service sufficed.

I can do them if asked but I usually just say to them for an extra £20 you can have the full service, so everyone just goes with that instead.

I do a full service and issue a cd11. Been an increase in urgent services due to house sale and the percieved need of some documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Don’t know if this is the right part but...
Replies
Views
It sounds like a misinterpretation of...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Have you now started using the heating or...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Back