Oil Tank Main Valve | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil Tank Main Valve in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plm

Hi all,

Customer has main valve on oil tank I have never seen before.

Small screw to isolate oil flow, just like mains water isolation, going to filter with clear plastic bowl and gauge and oil pipeline connections.

The plastic bowl is strarting to craze and could crack anytime. tried the plastic bowl off the oil filter from tool station but threaded bolt for connection is too big. Aluminium bowl from *** filter fits on thread but is wrong diameter at top and will not seal onto valve body!!

Anyone know the name of manufacturer of this valve so I can get correct bowl

Thanks in advance

PLM

Won't it be easier, quicker and cheaper just to replace the whole thing with a new isolation valve and filter?

Just replace the whole thing, if customer wants a like for like replacement tell them its £35.00 +VAT per hour while you spend about 3hours trying to find the replacement for the one they have.

Hehe - I think replacing with isolation valve and new filter IS the cheapest option!!

Hehe - I think replacing with isolation valve and new filter IS the cheapest option!!

Always the same, "Can you fix/replace it?"
Answer:"Yep be £***.XX to replace with something simular"
Cust: "can you find one the same?"
Then Muggings the plumber has to spend his night off looking for a cheap nasty tap/filter/sink or whatever to save the cust a few pence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
P
Hope to be living the French way next year!
Replies
Views
M
Hi again clanger.... the government supports...
Replies
Views
eddiebrown424
E
U
(d) Cold distribution pipe must be lower than...
Replies
Views
Back