Oil warmflow boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil warmflow boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

strainers1

Just looked at my cousins warmflow oil boiler. It is only about 2 years old but isnt firing. When turned on the burner starts but doesnt fire, instead of going to reset tho it continues to try to fire but nothing happens.

Ive done a bit of plumbing so but not much with boilers except installing them,could someone help me out please?

Thanks

Could be a number of things. Presumably you've checked the basics like enough oil in the tank? If there's about 1/4 tankful then this might not be enough and I'd advise a fill up before trying other things. It's surprising how many boilers stop working with 1/4 tank or less.

If oil okay then probably best to get an oil chappie out (OFTEC qualified usually know what they're talking about) but oilman doesn't have to be OFTEC qualified.

If it's 2 years old and no service then it could be the nozzle is blocked up or the flexible oil hose has started disintegrating (speling?) and blocked the supply or the photocell is grubby or ... (lots of things!)

Thanks dontknowitall. Cousin just phoned, he got plumber who took sensor(i presume that is the photocell) out and cleaned it with kitchen roll which did the trick.

Thanks for the quick reply and help!!

Oil warmflow if burner keeps running without going to lockout it sounds like photocell or control box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
P
If it's an old system then maybe gravity fed...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - Recently bought a house which is...
Replies
Views
Update: I couldn't get hold of a heating...
Replies
Views
As you radiators are working normally and...
Replies
Views
Back