old 1/2"-3/4" taps problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss old 1/2"-3/4" taps problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all, having problems recently with some kitchen taps, i know most of you will answer "just change the taps" to this question but i ould like to know how to do it anyay. i have come across some 1/2" kitchen taps (old) look like pegler taps. nut the body is actually 3/4" . there comes a reducing bush with the tap bodies we buy so i put one of those in , then screw the 1/2" body in , but now the tap "unthreads" itself whilst closing because of the distance the washer has to go down! , there is also a spacer to fit between the washer and the body , but that makes the thing to long to even fit in let alone leave room to open! so if its stiff and i cant service them because they ar too far gone what should i do? as normally i just put a new body in!

I take it your trying to fit a tap reviver kit? I'm sure they normally come with a cuple of different size spacers to try and solve the problem your having.

Some of these universal repair kits can get you out of bother but unfortunately they dont suit all taps ...you have tried your best so I suggest you fit new taps and when you take the old ones away tinker with them to see if you can release them after all no harm done if it doesn't work you can always stick em in the scrap ....regards Turnpin:8:

I agree with turnpin, least if there old and on a kitchen sink your should be able to get them out with some patiences…. I hate the 30 year old taps that have been set with paint and putty :censored:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
https://www.toolstation.com/flat-tap-washer/p25929
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
I'm putting in a utility sink, in a limited...
Replies
Views
DotBean
D
  • Question
Take it back to the shop.
Replies
Views
  • Question
The stopcock wasn't too far away, but far...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
Back