Old age catching up with me ☹️ | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Old age catching up with me ☹️ in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Since turning 60 last year I've realised I'm slowing down work wise I cant do the 10 hour days anymore , I've been having tests at the hospital today and turns out I have a hiatus hernia causes acid reflux which burns your mouths soft tissues so sore as hell, now on tablets to neutralise stomache acid and make lifestyle changes I've lost a stone in weight and Mediterranean style diet should help. Regards Kop

Thats a bugger, keep battling. Hope the tests come back in your favour.
Couldn't of come at a worse time Simon I've so much going on just now 🫣 we sold our bungalow this week so need to find somewhere to live ?? , Gas safe need resitting so got that booked don't know if I'll even be well enough to even sit it ? , 2 bathrooms to do not taking any work now but is what it is mate . Regards kop

Got my follow up appointment come through today Tuesday next week I've had to stop working because I can't handle the pain and feeling unwell , I get tired easily not sleeping well or eating much slippery slope 😕 once I get a diagnosis hopefully I can get some treatment going . I am downsizing my property which is now sold and we've got a smaller newer property going through better insulated underfloor heating nothing major need doing other than decorating to our taste and maybe a lounge carpet so now prepared for the future and whatever my health problem is . Kop

Well I now know my fate chaps and have bit of a battle ahead 6 weeks of radiotherapy 5 days a week and 6 sessions of chemotherapy they are confident that I can come through it and be cured so I have no choice, treatment starts in 2 -3 weeks so I will be off work for 6 - 9 months bit of s--- but it's not spread is localised in one area so the doctors are confident I will be ok . Regards kop

Day one for me on the road to recovery 🙏 kop

Attachments

• IMG_20230605_101516932_MFNR.jpg
    IMG_20230605_101516932_MFNR.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 18
Back