Old boiler problems please help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Old boiler problems please help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gordon

Hello
I am trying to source a complete pilot burner assembly for an old Glow-Worm boiler 92/100 CF. The boiler has to be at least 30 years old, its an old cast iron sectional type with twin natural draught burners. The GC number of the boiler is 4131522. It is the one with with the stat knob on the right and the clip off white front panel, floor standing. The combustion chamber is cast iron with a sliding glass window in the middle to allow manual lighting of the pilot. The pilot sits in between the two burners at the front of the boiler.

My Plumber and I are struggling to find a part number for this bit, and the existing one is knackered. Can you help me to find this part or a replacement for it.

Thanks all..

whats the craic.
boiler older than me...
has it served u well?
chances are u won t be able to source- part i would guess,
why not let it go to scrap heap challenge , they might make a speedboat out of it.:p
seriously, have u considered a newer and more efficient boiler.thats what i would do if it was me.
hopefully one of the older boys might sort u. best of luck anyway.

hi dont know if i can help you out im in the commercial gas side mainly kitchens and i could get you a twin pilot which is used to light a burner each side of an oven burner,you could mount it as it has a small frame with holes and some self tappers will secure it fine,some how link the new pilot tube to the old and remove old pilot clean out the old burners if possible and hay presto!! if your stuck and need new burners then look in the commercial catering side of things you will find all sorts of burners shapes sizes which may help,i hope some of what ive said can help you it may sound a little silly but i thought id throw it out to you as an option....good luck!

Well, Thats very old boiler? I beat You a gas safe register engineer or company they well not deal on that boiler..almost 70 % well not touch that boiler.However, Only You can get the parts i Adlink Data Communications | Digital Media Solutions for Buisnesses | Home Page ..they are base in hanger lane london, All parts are recondition..but if ok..I always use this company ....Tell your plumber or engineer to remove the ats and bring this to the adlink..They have plenty parts..mosly are old than you have? if you in doubt You can email me or Just one click to my web site..I can help You..and sign up...For free advice,free visit if you locally cover to my area.
Local plumbers | Plumbers london | plumbing Job | domestic heating | Get plumbing Quote | West London Plumbers
Gas safe registered Co
Cheeers
vdc

hi again

Adlink..parts recondition ..When you email me ..I will give to you the Phone no..for parts

vdc
Local plumbers | Plumbers london | plumbing Job | domestic heating | Get plumbing Quote | West London Plumbers

Last edited by a moderator:
All parts are recondition..but if ok

Reconditioned?
Think you mean second hand. Not a good road to got down with gas controls
The only recondition alot of these parts have seen is a bit of flash and a duster
gas valves that were taken out because they were letting by or sticking but operate find there way back to these places, pilot assemblies with faulty jets were people clean out with pins instead of air and water, cracked burners, fans with worn bearings with abit of heat grease, added for a few months operation, pcb’s with dry joints and intermittent faults ect, ect
as well as a possible dangerous appliance
With this lot you get two results
1. The fitter is at a one time customer takes the money a runs leaving customer to replace again
2. Fitter ends up returning and having to do job properly anyway
You see the scrap men dropping old boiler to these places, they have no idea of why they were removed or what faults there were

Sure would not use second hand gear in a gas train, that you know nothing about.

Though 30 year old boiler ain't all that old, I imagine somebody must have parts Heating Replacement Parts part of Plumb Centre group where good at finding bits.

Lets be honest Glow Worm is a well known make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
The fusible wheel head valves are notorious...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the...
Replies
Views
P
Clown. "I've been doing it for years so I...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
low gas rates restricted gas flow somewhere...
Replies
Views
Taffman
T
Back