Old cistern replacement | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Old cistern replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dparker357

hi guys I would be great full if someone could tell me if I could replace this old type cistern for a new modern cistern using the exsisting pan. Is the connection to the pan likely to be different?

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 33
Buy a new external flush pipe connector to replace the one on the pan. This will have gone hard and won't come with the new cystern

Buy a new external flush pipe connector to replace the one on the pan. This will have gone hard and won't come with the new cystern

Thanks for the advice will do! Also one more thing I can't seem to find a modern cistern with the same litre capacity as the old one I would imagine it would be 9-13 litres right? Does it really matter if I use a 6 litre cistern as that is all that seems to be readily available

You won't find any that are not 6 litre. They will be a similar size to yours, but the flush valve , or syphon will determine the ammount of water for the flush .

More problems sorry to say what you doing with that lead supply :(

What's wrong with the existing cistern?

the lead supply is being changed for copper and the customer would like to change the cistern for a more modern looking cistern. However most of the low level cisterns with a 9 litre capacity or more don't exactly look great as they are made of plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Would suggest you get another plumber as that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks... I certainly wouldn't want to move...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
What exactly is wrong with your current...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Thanks Snowhead. I don't suppose you know if...
Replies
Views
ScotsLaddie
S
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Back