Old cistern | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Old cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KeithA

Hi, I am a fairly competent DIYer. I've got an old close coupled toilet cistern which is getting difficult to flush. I would normally just renew the innards myself but as I had never seen one like this before I called out a plumber to give me advice. He reckons it is about 50 years old and the innards are ceramic not plastic like modern cisterns. He also reckons that it is not repairable and will need a complete new toilet but as the outlet to the toilet is a swan neck straight into a concrete floor this could cause major complications. The toilet is a deep grey colour and these days only white is availabe. I don't want to go to the expense of refitting the whole bathroom and wonder if anyone has encountered one of these cisterns before and knows whether I can replace the innards with the modern plastic equivalent as my plumber says not.

I am away at present but will post a picture on my return in about 4 weeks. Sorry!

I'd be surprised if it couldn't be fixed, sounds like it might be a syphonic pan though - pics will confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
N
Dual Flush is a water-saving design for a...
Replies
Views
All - thanks for great input. I’m going belt...
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
I don't have any pictures. I think I had...
Replies
Views
Back