Old house CH/ hot water design | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Old house CH/ hot water design in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

hello, I’m struggling to get headway for a suitable plumbing installation for my house. Most companies just want to put in what they are familiar with, however it’s an old 17th century house and I think it needs a one of design. Are there qualified engineers who can actually design a bespoke heating/ hot water system combining technologies such as ASHP/ solar and solid fuel where necessary? From a plan I’d then want to install where I can a majority of it myself due to challenges with pipe routing etc. Thanks in advance.

hello, I’m struggling to get headway for a suitable plumbing installation for my house. Most companies just want to put in what they are familiar with, however it’s an old 17th century house and I think it needs a one of design. Are there qualified engineers who can actually design a bespoke heating/ hot water system combining technologies such as ASHP/ solar and solid fuel where necessary? From a plan I’d then want to install where I can a majority of it myself due to challenges with pipe routing etc. Thanks in advance.
Sound idea , dealing with old and listed buildings is a very special area...we used to operate in Bath and North East
Somerset and I know the pitfalls....pm me if you like
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Rob Berridge EngTech (@HeatingConsult) on Twitter

Send that lad an email will cost you tho as nothing’s free in this world

Rob is a good friend of mine and frankly I'm miffed you beat me to him Shaun :mad:;)
He has just completed a passive house design qualification too. He works in very close association with Neil Bunning the MD at IMI. Top notch guy & great guitarist :cool::)

If you'd like his details DM me.

Thanks for the help, and yes paying for a design is what I want to do but it’s finding someone with the experience of modern technology and an ancient house, and unfortuneately it’s not somthing I can get from a DIY book which I’ve done before for standard heating systems.

2059ED91-DE55-4216-8D20-B615C919B0AB.jpeg
Hello, Norfolk. Cheers
Why dont you put up some plans and piccys in here we can all have a gander and you can
look at the collective wisdom
as a start. Or I can direct you to accredited people whom will design and advise for a fee with me. The attachment is some of the titles I have articles in
regards Rob Foster aka centralheatking

First part rob disagree

View attachment 37950
Why dont you put up some plans and piccys in here we can all have a gander and you can
look at the collective wisdom
as a start. Or I can direct you to accredited people whom will design and advise for a fee with me. The attachment is some of the titles I have articles in
regards Rob Foster aka centralheatking
Bit old them aren’t they Rob?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I don't know if you are aware of the "Society...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes that would work in my opinion not a expert...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
You need to be considering ALL best possible...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Timmy. That does seem to be the...
Replies
Views
Back