Old potterton boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Old potterton boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BSNI

Was servicing an old potterton oil fired boiler. Was working fine apart from a noisy fan. Had no Manufacturers ins and all model info plates long gone so was working on what was there already, ie nozzle size and pump pressure. Nozzle was 0.75 80s @ 10 bar (approx 30kw). Have heard that pottertons "dont like solid flames" Set smoke to 0-1 and then did the fga! It went off the scale on CO! Tried adjusting air but couldn't get the CO down to acceptable level! The boiler has a ‘draught stabilizer?' flap at the back just before it enters the flue (CF) but flue does not terminate above the roof level (possible draught problem) Should I be looking at the noisy fan problem w th regards to air intake (nothing obvious) or the flue termination. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

BSNI ....... First post I note... welcome!

I'm gas engineer ,bye-the-way not Oil" However if you have incomplete/incorrect combustion the it's down to insufficient air or fuel.......... usual ... *g*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
P
I second the diffuser as being the potential issue
Replies
Views
Mate, all you need to do is everything, to...
Replies
Views
Well done subby. It will be the first of many...
Replies
Views
B
Exactly. This was obviously more than bit tape...
Replies
Views
Back