old radiators and inserting cleaner/inhibtor | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss old radiators and inserting cleaner/inhibtor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
alright lads i'd like to know what you all do when you go to a job and its all old radiators, and there is no way to put in cleaner/inhibitor.

usually I open bleed valve, attach my made up contraption tundish thingy which is an 1/2" bsp connection into the radiator via the bleed point or blank cap, and pour my cleaner/inhibitor in, but I'm wondering what you guys n gals do when its the old style radiators with the bleed points only ? how do you put the chemicals in ?

.I know you can get ones that you can insert via the filling loop, but I'm talking the bottles here.

I have my own way of doing things, but I was wondering if anyone has a better, quicker way than me

Depends if the system is drained fully or not. If it is, I find the smallest rad, take it off with the valves on the rad. Turn it upside down, pour inhibitor in, close valves and refit. Then open valves once you are happy there are no leaks.

Again if it is drained down, take a valve off and pour it straight into the pipe work.

o/v system header tank or sealed system filling loop simples

if the system is empty i have a iso on a bit of copper soldered onto a copper tundish, i screw the iso thread into the thread where blanking plug sits and pour away!

for imperial threads i use an imperial conversion coupling!

Thats what i do, im talking about old radiators that dont have blank plugs.

i like your way Mike, think I will go with that one cheers!

Ronseal decking sprayer! Only about £10 and just attach the fitting younger with inhibitor and pump it in! Easy as Murray winning Wimbledon

db_image.image

just carry a couple of these, no mess and charge the custard, and more room in the van:)

For newer rads, I have a compression t, 22-22-15. 2p in one 22 end, 15 straight into the top of the rad, pour the liquid in the 22 at the top.

I actually didn't notice I could use my tundish thingy by removing filling loop valve, its so obvious now! what a tool I am lol cheers for help anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
What plastic pipe was used? Is it the old non...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'd say wait till the spring time let your...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back