old rother boiler cylinders | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss old rother boiler cylinders in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hotpants

i have come across two old rother boiler cylinders connected in parallel. the vents meet and terminate in adjacent loftspace. but before they meet they both drop (pipe drops) towards the ground beside the cylinder. the pipes are open at the end and seem to serve some safety function. a safety valve on the other side of each cylinder drops towards the ground in a similar fashion also. can someone tell me what these devices are and the funtion they serve?

i would really appreciate a detailed answer as i do not understand their purpose.

thanks a lot for your help guys!

usually these were three way valves so you can isolate one or other cylinder without cloing it of from the vent valve is either from cyl to vent or from cyl to open end
that way a cylinder cant be closed of while still being heated by the boiler

steve the plumber can you descibe this a bit better or if you would could you draw me a diagram of what you mean to [email protected]

i would really appreciate that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
N
Re: Zoning upstairs. If you don't have 1 set...
Replies
Views
Collector hood and cleanout cover. Although I...
Replies
Views
So today the 1.65gph nozzle finally arrived...
Replies
Views
Back