Old shower unit, does anyone recgonise the make? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Old shower unit, does anyone recgonise the make? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
ST SHWR.JPG

Take that as a no then?
It's just that I've never seen these before and now I've had two different custs with exactly the same set up and model??
Ok let me rephrase the question...
On this pumped shower the flow is low.... now I'm not too good on showers and pumps as I haven't had many in my years so far..
My question being how do I prove that i's either the shower or the pump, without replacing?
I was thinking of seeing if I can get the internals out of the shower and clean them, and the same with the pump, check the filters, I am hesitant because it can be tricky t price up and I don't want to waste custs time or mine. Maybe I should just go for replace the lot? both pump and shower? If I do that the pump will be ok but what shower ... this one has both Hot and Cold fed from tanks. As I said not sure how to approach this... Is there a shower available with both a hot and cold supply? mmm
Cheers anybody for any hints.

Upvote 0
Issolate the pump electrically and close the issolation valves on the pump supply pipework. Disconnect the pump outlet pipework. Get some washing machine hoses attach issolater valves to one end of each hose. Attach each hose to the 2 pump outlets. Close the valves on the washing machine hoses. Turn on the power to the pump and open the valves on the supply pipework to the pump. Now you can direct the washing machine hoses in to the bath or a bucket. Open both valves on the end of your washing machine hoses. The pump should kick in so keep the hoses under control this will show you the flow from the pump without the restrictions associated with the shower valve and any faults it may have. It is important to remember to turn both valves on your hoses on at the same time so both sides of the pump can pump freely and not work against dead head. If the flow is poor or not supplying the expected litres per minute check the inlet filters on the pump. If the flow is as it should be the fault is likely with the pipework to the shower valve or the shower valve. If it has worked fine in the past and has only recently failed to perform then the fault will be with the shower valve. Email pictures of the valve and any manufacturer/ brand or serial numbers you can uncover on it to the shower doctor website if it can be identified they almost certainly will.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks Timmy. That does seem to be the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you search online for the manual of your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
HI Basher UPDATE ; I found a seal kit!! as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for asking Lou. After taking 30+...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Fixing the upright of a shower enclosure Is...
Replies
Views
Back