Old Trianco 35/50 boiler parts | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Old Trianco 35/50 boiler parts in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

macmasher

Hi Folks,

As the post title suggests I have an old Trianco gas back boiler with a problem. The boiler is fine but the thermostat is not. I've tried everywhere I can think of to get hold of a replacement but everyone tells me it's obsolete - highly likely given the age of the boiler. the original stat was a Landis and Gyr, reference number RAK 55.2 / 3198. the other number on the stat is TR 53790. It only has two spade connectors and the phile size is approximately 8mm.

I was told that RANKO made an equivalent but I have been unable to track it down. although someone did give me a reference number which MAY be 58317.
The GC Number for the boiler is 4489802.

I know I have to change the boiler problem is its in my elderly parents house and this is not the time of year to be undertaking that kind of work.

Any advice or a pointer in the right direction would be appreciated.

PS I have done a temporary repair by fitting another stat to the side of the boiler (it has the wrong phile size) and by turning to its lowest setting it prevents the boiler overheating - not ideal but needs must...

I had to buy Trianco parts earlier this year. I think the site I bought from was MyTub but I found they were part of Parts Centre. If you know the part number you could try Googling it - that's how I started.

agree with above if you have the GC number you are laughing as that should give the part and description so i cannot see it being an issue ,good luck

Yes , you would think with the amount of information I have available that finding the right part would be easy. I've tried a number of different suppliers all say that the part is now obsolete, most haven't even got a listing. That's one of the reasons I came to this site - thought someone somewhere may know of a supplier with some old stock or perhaps a service engineer with one lying around somewhere - seems my only hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Looks like you answered your own question...
Replies
Views
G
Sure would not use second hand gear in a gas...
Replies
Views
Bernie2
B
Back