old type toilet siphon | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss old type toilet siphon in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
This toilet is 30 years old,
It has a tube protruding from the cistern into the bowl which I broke and there is the hemispherical piece of rubber with a hole in it that fits over the pipe.

The new siphons seem to be simpler and I seem to recall that these old types are no made anymore, is that so?

Sounds like a syphonic w/c,you will need the part you have broken to make w/c operate correctly,if you just fit new syphon the w/c will not work/flush,what make of w/c is it ,if well known give them a ring to see if they have part if not and you can not repair part a new w/c will be required:(

You can still buy them to order but they will be dear. Many plumbers will have one or two saved as spares - you could do some phoning round. I had one but I used it last year where a syphon had worn out.

I came across one of these 'respirators' fitted to a syphon in a syphonic WC a couple of months ago. The first time ive seen one of these in 19 years of plumbing. I just tossed it to one side and cracked on with fitting the new push button flush valve.......guess what....pan fills with water and wouldnt flush away. Had to rewasher old syphon and refit with respirator. Hour and a half to do a syphon (i did try pushing the respirator into bottom of flush valve).......lets just say i always inspect the back of pan now before diving in.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
I would cut it to the right size and glue the...
Replies
Views
Thank for coming back. Really appreciate you...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Try this link for a bestpoke seat...
Replies
Views
Back