old worcester 24i combi boiler timer. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss old worcester 24i combi boiler timer. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

michellematt06

I have an old worcester combi. With the clocks changing my wife tried to change the times that the CH turned on and off. Its an old type timer with teeth which you move out for the time period that you you the CH on for. Now the CH does not turn on or off at the desired times. I had to manually turn it off last night and manually on again this morning. Is there something i need to do to re set the timer and ensure the CH is turning on and off when needed.

Quite a simple clock to use,if it is not turning on and off on timed with pins in correct position,it is a new clock am afraid to say :sad_smile:

thankyou, dont suppose you have any idea how difficult it would be to change the clock and the costs involved or could a new digital timer be used and if so again the cost i would be looking at.???

Usually the clock stops moving and hence stays in the 'on' position ... Is this happening to yours or does it move? If it is seized then a new timer is in order. It can sometimes be more cost effective to fit a remote timer or if you have a room thermostat, replace it with a programmable one :) IMO

The clock is still moving round but when it hits the section of pins where it should go on or off it doesnt seem to register
Thanks

As long as you know the timer is defo in the timed position then a new timer is needed. Never known of one of the "teeth" variety to ignor the on/off periods and still cycle around?

Always learning :)

it was the car the other day and now its the boiler, things come in threes dont they!!! Sounds like i will have to get someone to replace the timer. Remote one sounds like a plan. Thanks all for your advice. Finally though anyone have ideas of cost for part and fitting. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
It might not be compatible with the existing...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
O
I have not seen a Horstmann boiler, in the...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Back