one cold rad | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss one cold rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of my rads is not getting warm top or bottom , system only been in 3_4 years so dont think its sludge , its possibly the furthest from boiler and is downstairs ( boiler is upstairs ) could system need balancing ? i read somewhere that i should shut all other rads and see if it gets warm then . if i try this , do i close both ends of every rad or just the lockshield end or the trv end . if you dont think this is the problem , what else could it be . thanks for any help .

turn all the other rads off via there trvs and report back (does that rad get warm) leave the cold rads valves open

thanks , should the trv be the inlet on all rads ? thanks

should be (on older systems) but they can on on the return as-long as you have bi direction trvs

Unless you have an big air lock, turning other rads off should sort out your problem. If this works then balance your system using the lock-shield valves.

Thanks , i recently had a downstairs radiator re-piped due to some sort of blockage and had to bleed a rad upstairs due to this issue . will see if the cold one needs bleeding first (even though its downstairs ) . would i be able to attempt balancing myself ? is it just a matter of starting nearest the boiler and opening ls valve a quarter of a turn , then each one a little more until you get to the furthest from the boiler of is it more complex than that and would i need a digital temperature meter ? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It sounds like low flow rate but the cause can...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will be a 15-60 then prob ups2 Green lights ?
Replies
Views
With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Rather than open up all the lockshields and...
Replies
Views
Back