One For The Gas Guys Re Sealing Open Vented Boiler. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss One For The Gas Guys Re Sealing Open Vented Boiler. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Converting an old one piper system into a two pipe. Also going unvented for the hot water.

Just trying to find out if I can seal the following boiler, being put off as it says open vent on the front cover.

It's a Vitodens 100 W WB1B 26 kw Regular Boiler Open Vented.

Cheers.

Definitely not a combi.

On the front cover it just says.

Vitodens 100-W
WB1B
26 kw Regular Boiler
Open Vent.

Just checked the photo I took of the label.

Yes you can, just need to make sure you fit all the kit

Cant understand why a combi and a O V have the same model no, strange , anyway as said , you can seal them . They dont need a pump over run but they come with a lead if you can get near the pump .

Cheers for that.

I'll be back over to the job this week so I'll drop some pictures on of the treat of an airing cupboard.

There's a bleed point in the boiler if you can't find one

Also the boiler has a flow switch so if airlocked won't fire

Should be ok on the boiler. It's on the wall in the kitchen and feeds up to airing cupboard above.
Should be still full but thanks for the pointers.

Just in case there's no drain offs around

Similar plumbing topics

@woytaz thanks for the update. It's funny...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
You got your colours muddled. The black needle...
Replies
Views
Has a flow switch so no / low flow no fire
Replies
Views
In addition to the points others have made...
Replies
Views
Back